Anyone Can Do Leatherwork
R295.00 incl. VAT
Leatherwork is enjoying a resurgence in the craft world. This book is an invaluable guide to this popular and age-old craft. Anyone can learn to make attractive leather articles with a professional look by mastering a handful of basic techniques. Using any of the many kinds of available leather, some leatherwork tools and the designs in this book you can produce beautiful and functional handcrafted accessories, gifts and items for your home.
The 50 original projects, both timeless and practical, are lavishly illustrated with step-by-step photos and styled shots of completed articles, with detailed instructions to ensure that you cannot go wrong. The book covers:
• selection of materials and tools
• key techniques such as dyeing, cutting, punching, bevelling
• stitches used for the projects
• inserting zips
• finishing of pockets and straps
• more than 50 templates for projects, with variations
• projects ranging from earrings, simple bracelets, wallets and desk accessories to a wood carrier, an overnight bag, a back pack and a pouffe.
Beginners can start small with a simple key fob, then build up to belts, a wallet and bags, while experienced leatherworkers will find inspiration in the contemporary and unusual designs.